HCM Breast Center
Your best defense against breast cancer is early detection, and the HCM Breast Center's digital mammagraphy units, funded by the community, is an important first step in discovering a breast tumor early. The center performs about 450 mammograms a month and discovers between 45 to 55 suspicious spots a year.
When a suspicious area is detected, a team of breast disease experts studies the case to accurately diagnose the point of interest and create the most promising treatment plan. It's this personal approach that differentiates HCM breast cancer care from other treatment programs.
Fredericksburg breast cancer survivor Donna McMahon said, "When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I asked my doctor if I should stay here for treatment. 'If this was your wife, what would you do,' I asked, and he said, 'I would stay here. We can give you the most personal care than anyone or any other facility I know of.'"
Hill Country Memorial Breast Center's digital mammography service is part of an innovative, multidisciplinary breast program that includes:
- Breast MRI, a noninvasive procedure that produces 2D and 3D images
- Ultrasound breast-specific imaging that uses sound waves to create an image without using radiation
- Sentinel node biopsy, a surgical procedure that can determine if a breast tumor has spread
- A Breast Conference of surgeons, pathologists, radiologist, oncologists and specialized technologists who review every biopsy done at HCM
- An innovative tumor marking procedure which reduces potential surgery error to miniscule levels
Through early diagnosis and a team of experts working together on your case, there is hope.
To find out more about Henda's Law - Click Here...
Breast Center Video
We're located on the first floor of the Brune Professional Building, at 808 Reuben St. in Fredericksburg.
Call (830) 990-6181 for more information and to schedule your annual mammogram.